Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 22 April 2010

Walker the Runner

I didn't mention in my earlier post that, in case people don't know, that Dan Walker (who has been working for Manx Radio for the past year) is the son on of our greatest ever athletes, Brenda Walker. Dan and I shared the same employer in the past so I know him pretty well.

To remind you of Brenda's pedigree, she ran 2.39 in her one and only marathon in Rotterdam. She was selected for the track events in the 1990 Commonwealth Games and for the marathon in 1994 but she withdrew through injury. She never fully recovered but still put in some cracking performances on the fells.

It always amused me that it a team dominated by walkers, we had a walker doing the long distance running. It was a bit like Roger Black running in the 4 x 400 metres when he was the only member with white ethnicity.

Dan had to phone me back today when his computer crashed and he lost the first interview.

No comments: