Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 20 April 2010

A good and very bad day for London Marathon planning

This time last night we only had 36 known runners in the London Marathon and now we have 47.

A good day.

My work colleague revisited the Ballasalla Post Office and found out that Hazel was Hazel Webb.

John Watterson had received an email from Barclays. In addition to Stephen Brown, who I already had listed, he gave me the names of Rob Dickinson, Stuart Thornhill and Damian Bird.

Wattie later contacted me again with Darran Loader.

Gail Griffiths confirmed that Sam Cowen, now in the UK, is to run.

A lot of people have been booking on the Steam Packet in case the flights to London were cancelled. I waited and waited, missed all the cheap ferry and train fares, but after consulting with Nigel Armstrong, decided to book. Now the planes are expected to be back on schedule. What is worse I booked London Travel Cards for Friday through the trainline which have to be collected in Liverpool.

My marathon day has ended badly. I have re-focused the front page on the London Marathon but all the other questions that are being asked of me will have to wait for an answer. After all, I am not the best to make judgments. My Parish Walk updates will also have to take a back seat, either on the plane or the train!


No comments: