Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 8 April 2010

The most converted video files of all time

I splashed out on a £40 Video 2 PC USB video capture system last week and it arrived today.

I've been determined to convert the files video files from a recently recovered video tape of events in 1983 and 1984. My other video capture system was misaligning the video and audio - the new system is even worse, it jumps all over the place.

Finally I have the files copying from the video onto a DVD then I can convert the DVD to my PC, edit it and upload the files to YouTube soon.

If I remember correctly the films were originally on VHS but I got a copy converted to Betamax - I was one of the few people to have a video recorder in 1983. I then converted this back to VHS from a borrowed Betamax recorder when mine expired. Then I lost my copy (or lent it to someone) but Steve Partington kindly gave me a copy of a copy that I had made for him which I had been in his attic for 20 or more years.

Wow, will I celebrate if I get this exercise finished.

I had something on early this evening which took longer than expected so for the first time for about five years I didn't get to take any photos from the veterans handicap.

Nor did I make it to the Sports Awards which I have been lucky enough to attend on a couple of other occasions. I would be surprised if there were any surprises but I shall leave the reporting to other people.

Still feeling rough.

No comments: