Search Murray's blogs

Monday 26 April 2010

Reporting to the media over 15 years

We are staying at the City Inn in Westminster this year. Although a little further from the finish than the Strand Palace where we have stayed the past few years it is a much nicer hotel. It is certainly my type with modern decent sized rooms with free wi-fi, Apple Macs with Sky Sports, and plenty of power points.

http://www.cityinn.com/london/london-hotels.htm

When I first started compiling results for the local media it was a case of hand writing a report and paying for the hotel fax.

Easycafe were the next development. Paul and I would trek out to the internet cafe and scribble down the times and then email them.

About four years ago, when the results were not available until late on sunday evening, I went out to find an internet cafe at about 6 on Monday morning and I remember trekking around in the rain.

Its the third year that I have brought my laptop with me which means that I can copy the results into a spreadsheet. What is even better is that this year I have good sized work area and it is so much easier to sit and email the various people to start compiling reports.

No comments: