Search Murray's blogs

Friday 16 April 2010

Perfect sport

There were perfect weather conditions for driving over the mountain and perfect conditions for running around the Mooragh Park.

I didn't quite have the perfect race but I really enjoyed it. It was about the slowest start I can ever remember in Ramsey and it was quite funny that Chris Quine and I had to take up the pace after about half a mile because we have often talked about people starting too fast in races. I reached the hill first but then Oliver Lockley slipped into gear and Andy Barron also came past.

It was a well judged race by young Ollie with Chris coming back to take second from Andy who it seems is not yet over his recent illness. I slipped back a little but there was only about half a minute between the four of us.

My expectations have shot back up again with my fastest run around that course for a couple of years but I felt for Kevin Vondy who was experiencing some of the problems I have had in the past three years with his breathing.

I'm back on cleaning duties tomorrow before subcontracting them out again next weekend when I'll be in London. Not much planned for the site tomorrow so if I get the chance I will clear a few of the things that people have sent me in recent times, depending on my mood after the final whistle of the day is blown at around 7.30.

No comments: