Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 25 April 2010

Running to form

Having erred on the side of caution today I felt so good at 19 miles that I thought it was going to be my easiest marathon ever but needless to say I didn't remember my 10 tips and started passing too many people and was hanging on again for the last three miles.

I have heard reports (third hand) of some good performances today. But it is a big exercise to collate them all and be expected to be the only source of information so I am bit disappointed that news of the other runners hasn't been posted on the forum.

Having said that I hadn't met any Manx runners in London it was good to meet Tim Knott on the start line. I was the first person in the whole race to line up at he start of the blue start and then it started to rain. All the sun cream I had put on but no bin liner!

I've not had an alcoholic drink for 15 weeks (105 days). It will have done my liver some good but I'm not sure if it helped me today. I think I shall come off the wagon for a while tonight so I can't sacrifice my whole evening waiting for the results to be published at 8. We're going out for a meal at 7 so its more likely to be around 10 when I start work. Expect a few typos!

Having predicted 2.50 last night (for myself) I stopped my watch just a couple of seconds inside today.

No comments: