Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 12 October 2010

More from 1982

I've probably shared these before but what the heck.




The first one was from the games village newspaper - the reporter was amazed to find our entire cycling team in the mid-day sun. Left to right: Andy Nicholson, Mark Gage, Mike Doyle, Gary Hinds and Steve Joughin.

The second one was published in the Sunday Times with the caption "Irish walkers training for the Commonwealth Games". They got a bit mixed up. It was Steve Barry (who went on to win the gold medal in the 30km walk), Graham Young and myself (acting rather stupidly pretending I was crossing the finish line to win!).
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the first time I have seen this photo. Somewhere (deep) under my podgy 71 years old body, that former athlete lies....very lost....and creaky....and frustrated!