Search Murray's blogs

Friday 1 October 2010

I saw the Christians

There was a capacity crowd at the Havana last night to see the Christians. It was quite strange really to see one of the top bands of the late 80s and early 90s playing in such a small venue. I say "one of the top bands" but it was really front man Gary Christian with a completely different set of musicians that joined him in 2009.

I saw them (with a different line up) at the Villa Marina a few years ago and Gary complained about the size of the crowd  but there were actually far more than last night but they were spread out a lot more.

I was one of only a handful of people to see them last night. A couple of hundred people could hear them - but it is quite helpful to be tall sometimes! Most of the crowd couldn't see them at all - but I didn't hear anyone say that they didn't enjoy the evening.

No comments: