Search Murray's blogs

Friday 15 October 2010

London Olympics x 3

On 6 July 2005 I was really lucky when I flew into London City Airport. I was there in the city, just a few miles from where the Olympics are to be held in 2012, when the decision was announced. The following day there were bombings in London and I was so glad that I was back in the Isle of Man.

I flew into London City Airport on the day the papers carried the story that there were 1000 days to go to the start of the Olympics. Didn't there used be an advert on Manx Radio "the excitement is building" just before the advertiser went out of business?

Today I flew into London on the day that the ticket prices were announced for the Olympics.

I'm not sure that I will be flying into London City Airport on the day the Olympics open with those prices.

I'm staying in a hotel just about three miles from the Olympic site on a damp autumn evening and there is not yet a special atmosphere about the place. One of the readers of this blog will be interested to know that I went for my customary evening walk around London to get some cans of beer but I didn't get as far as kings Cross!

I should finish rambling.

No comments: