Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 24 October 2010

Missed the last lap

For anyone with an interest in the founding days of the local sport, particularly Boundary Harriers or Parish Walk related, then you will have noticed that I have been adding scanned documents during the course of the day.

In addition to those recently obtained from Ian Turnbull's estate I have tonight been scanning a number of old documents that Ron Ronan gave to me many months ago which I have only just got around to.

Throughout this week I hope to keep the momentum going to scan the other documents that I borrowed at the Parish Walk 50th birthday party and then get on to my own collection of Parish Walk papers.

In between the scanning I have also been indulgent today by watching quite a bit of sport on TV. I even managed to clear a few programmes from Sky+.

I had recorded the final round of the World Superbikes three weeks ago and finally watched it. The last lap was just starting when "End of Programme" appeared so after all that time I went to the website to find the result.

It reminded me of 1984 in the days when the Golden Mile in Oslo was at its peak. I went out to a stag night and phoned Marie up to ask if she could video  it for me - from 8.00 to 9.05. The main race started at 8.05 and they spent a few minutes building it up and then "and they are off" announced  David Coleman. It should have been "its off" as the video recorded switched off as the gun was fired!

No comments: