Search Murray's blogs

Monday 25 October 2010

Before tea

I promised myself that I would make a start on my own files before I had anything to eat tonight - I'm hungry now but here is the first batch:


Parish Walk databases: 1984   1986  1991  1992
Parish Walk course descriptions: 1989   1990

 A couple of quick comments.
 I was a little later than I thought compiling my first database of Parish Walk finishers - it was only 26 years ago! Unfortunately the only copy I can find includes my working notes for the compilation of the second edition two years later - remember without a word processor I had to re-type the whole thing I couldn't just insert the finishers for the next two years.
I re-wrote the route description of the Parish Walk in 1990 as part of the modernisation when CMI agreed to sponsor the event and I cherish the old version which still made reference to the shop at Patrick - not sure when it closed!

No comments: