Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 10 October 2010

Cav cost me £50

Like everyone else from the Isle of Man (and maybe other places too) I had my fingers crossed for Mark Cavendish this morning.

I was so excited about the prospect that I spent £50 during the race. But it wasn't to put a bet on.

I've a trial version of some software which (among things) records from the internet. I had been thinking of buying the full package for a while because the trial version only allowed the recording of very short clips. But I wanted to capture the end of the cycle road race in the Commonwealth Games and make sure it didn't time out at the crucial moment.

It was a fantastic race but it was too much to expect Cav to win after his heroic efforts to stay with the leaders.

I've published a none minute edited highlights on YouTube but I had only started marking the points of Manx interest towards the end so the few clips that I included in the early stages were from the trial clips. So please don't be too critical that I didn't record those wonderful shorts of Graeme Hatcher leading the chasing pack as I didn't have the means to do it at that time - but I did have the means to buy the software at 9.52 am.

No comments: