Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 4 July 2010

Pity the fell runners

I was out running this morning, around the Marine Drive and promenade, enduring the wind speeds of up to gale force 8. As soon as I got in I started to prepare my cameras and get Robbie ready to go with me to grab some of the action from the the Narradale Fell Race.

I originally thought of going to the top of Snaefell but that would have been pointless and unbearable to wait in these winds so plan B was go walk from the Tholt-y-Will Road along the Millennium Way to Block Eary. It started to throw it down and, as I had been unable to find out how long we would have been waiting for the runners, I decided to turn around and come home. It was the classic case of had this been the only event I went out to each year I would have grinned and bared it but I had to think of my other commitments this weekend.

Marie is with the Tynwald guests this morning and am joining her for the next two events - hopefully I will meet a few athletes at the Tynwald garden party and get some skeet.

But I do feel sorry for the fell runners who should be nearing the completion of the fell run now. I hope that the weather is much better for the two remaining races.

1 comment:

David Griffiths said...

Grinning and baring it would have been most inadvisable in this morning's weather - and probably not a very pretty sight either! :-)