Search Murray's blogs

Friday 9 July 2010

Nothing to do on the Isle of Man?

A few months ago Marie suggested that, as a friend was going to queue for tickets for the Will Young concert tonight, we should go with them. Wary of how much of my time was going to be spent on athletics this summer, I thought I should go, to keep a balanced lifestyle. I didn't realise that it would be the third visit to the Villa Marina this week.

Nor did I check the fixture list or I would have realised that it is the Ramsey Park runs, a series that I have rarely missed since it first started a decade ago. Robbie has missed even fewer than me and thankfully Ben is able to give him a lift there and back.

And then there is the heavily publicised Island Games fundraiser - see all the Manx websites. I hope that this is successful as fund raising is notoriously difficult and each Island Games seems to get more expensive.

If that is not enough, I know that the media are heading to the Institute of Sport tonight for the announcement of the Commonwealth Games team.

Its often said that there is nothing to do on the Isle of Man!

No comments: