Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 18 July 2010

Feeling sorry for the fell runners - again

I was too busy cleaning and working in the garden of our holiday cottage St Johns on Saturday to get to the Laxey Fell Race. With the garden and hedge cutting complete I was cleaning the en-suite shower room when the skylight was hit be a deluge. I looked at my watch and noted it was exactly 2 pm - the start time for the fell run.

I don't know whether the weather was the same a few miles further north but I certainly felt for the runners again.

Lloyd Taggart was travelling to the British fell running championships later in the day so did not plan to race so it was known that (finally) there would be a different winner of a round of the Rentokil Fell Running League.

I've still not seen the results put I know from a personal email that Nigel Armstrong was the very proud winner of the fine James Coulson trophy. I understand that Simon Skillicorn was second and Ian Gale third. I don't know anything else.

No comments: