Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Extremes

On Monday evening I came home from work with no particular agenda for the website but ended up completing a project I had wanted to do for years. Last night I came home full of enthusiasm but tiredness struck and I achieved next to nothing.

I slumped in a chair reading about some of the world events that have passed me by these last few weeks whilst listening to those at the other extreme with the live broadcast from Tynwald.

But there has been time for more reflection on the Commonwealth Games and its interesting to see how some athletes have travelled the world for 11 seconds of action while at the other extreme one athlete competed for nearly two days.

The action today, the Manx Harriers track meeting at the NSC, is usually dominated by youngsters. Tonight it will be invaded by middle aged men and women running in the veterans mile.

Yesterday it was a beautiful morning. Today it is miserable.

No comments: