Search Murray's blogs

Friday 9 July 2010

Grumpy old man

Oh dear, and I know that I will upset all the Will Young fans who loved every minute of it, but when someone pads out a show for an hour and quarter and its 45 minutes before they get the sound up to anything like an acceptable standard, its time I stayed away from hyped up modern shows. Apparently the van carrying the gear went to Liverpool instead of Heysham and they only had a couple of hours to set everything up but if there is one sound you want to hear it is Will Young not the bass. The whole show made me think of a big box of packaging that has something nice in the middle, but its very small compared to what you are presented with. And when he brought people on stage to give him facts about the Isle of Man (part of the packaging) he announced that 95,000 people lived on the Isle of Man and when someone else named Laxey Wheel and Snaefell as "facts" about he Isle of Man he asked what they were in pure ignorance.

I can barely remember a wet Ramsey Park run in the all the years that they have been held. There was one there tonight and and I wish I had been there.

No comments: