Search Murray's blogs

Friday 16 July 2010

Friends reunited

The veterans mile on Wednesday night was the first of 14 local events in 30 days, and that doesn't include the weekly track meetings held separately by Manx Harriers, Northern AC and Western AC.

I never intended to go to them all. Is anyone? I would have liked to have gone to the Manx Harriers walk at St Johns but just had too many family matters taking place.

Later last night we were joined by the lady next door and her husband who are staying in our holiday apartment. I won't name her here because of the power of google searches. I don't want her to be linked to the photo above.

But she is. It was taken nearly 50 years ago in Farnborough in Hampshire. She and her sister were the girls from two doors away in our street that we used to play with, although I hadn't seen her for over 40 of the intervening years.

She discovered this blog and knew all about me when they started their Manx holiday last Saturday. Last night I learnt more about her and her family whilst sharing her old photos and remembering how we used to watch Dr Who in their house. I don't know if she has ever seen this photo though. I found it among our own family collection later.

I will be at St Johns tonight but not Laxey tomorrow.

No comments: