Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Watered down

For the second year we are staying in a beautiful apartment in Penzance that overlooks St Michael's Mount and is within walking distance of a hundred or so pubs or restaurants - make that 150 if you call walking distances the three of four miles to Newlyn and Mousehole.

So when it rained on Sunday we took comfort in our apartment for much of the day and when the heavens opened overnight I told myself not to let it spoil a break that we had struggled to make work due to things at home.

We decided to go to the Eden Project thinking that we could stay dry indoors. But we were absolutely drenched just walking from the entrance to the big domes with the displays. I started to think that maybe the view to St Michael's Mount was pretty pointless if it was cut off by mist and  I had run out of dry clothes to walk to the pub.

Thankfully the weather started to improve by the time we left the Eden Project and today has been splendid. We managed some coastal walking around Lamorna and went back to the former mining village of St Just.

Actually I have exaggerated the weather because even on Sunday we walked as far as Mousehole and last night, although because of my wet clothes I had to what the well known walking coach used to do and mix training shoes with smart trousers, we ate great fish in one of the few remaining fishing ports of Newlyn. As well as supporting the local fishing trade  I thought it was important to support the local brewers too!

But where I was trying to get to was to say that despite having more time than normal my website coverage continues to get watered down. I thought I would have a chance to clear some of my email backlog. Its useful to be able to deal with enquiries for our holiday properties when on our own holidays but the emails relating to athletics have gone unanswered for the past 48 hours.


We didn't need preaching about the environment at the Eden Project - we just prayed for sunshine.

Lomorna Cove - Port Soderick but with a cafe!

No comments: