Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 5 September 2010

Guernsey week drawing to a close



The last email I replied to at work before I finished for a week and a bit on Friday lunchtime was to a bank in Guernsey and it typified the week where every road seemed to load to Guernsey.

Yesterday we flew to Bristol and took a detour on the road to Penzance to visit Chris and Fi Maddocks in Rackenford in Devon. Among the 3500 subjects we tried to discuss in a couple of hours was the Church to Church Walk in Guernsey. I knew that Mark Easton had set a record in 1992 but I didn't know (or had forgotten) that Chris broke that record in his only entry in the race, a record that still stands.

Chris and Fi are featured above with Marie but the photo below was taken on one of the five times Olympic walker's slowest ever walks around his village as Marie and Fi put the world to rights whilst I heard about Chris (and Ed Shillabeer's) visit to Guernsey when he arrived just an hour before the race.


I have received more messages from Guernsey from Rob Elliott and Paul Jackson and there is definitely more to talk about from the Guernsey walk. And I have an email from Ben Scott about his marathon last week so there is more mileage from Guernsey yet.

No comments: