Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Isn't Life Strange

This is not me get all philosophical again but the name of one of my favourite songs by the Moody Blues. Using that word "favourite" again, now that I have seen Fairport Convention twice (and booked to see them again at Gaiety on 13 February - get your tickets now!), other than the Beatles, the Moody Blues must be the best band that I have never seen.

And I had two tickets to see them tonight in Newcastle. The only problem was that I didn't consult Marie at the time about my idea that we should spend this week in the North East as our holiday - we went to the South West last week instead!

I am hoping that the friends that we gave the tickets to enjoy them as much I would have done. I've only subjected you to their music twice - "Question" was used for a walking race at the NSC and "Tuesday Afternoon" for the the Barrule Fell Race on Tuesday evening a couple of years ago - before it was moved to Friday.

I'm about to book some travel without consulting the other person who I think is going with me - hope that I don't have to give that ticket away or there will be more moody blues.

No comments: