Search Murray's blogs

Friday 17 September 2010

Commonwealth Games 1994 lessons

Having read Steve Partington's excellent and professional explanation for the lack of athletes being selected for the Isle of Man at the Commonwealth Games next month, I thought I would dig out my  report when I held the role of athletics team manager in Canada in 1994.

The pdf file I have created has a few formatting errors because it was created with a very old version of Word (or possibly even WordPro and then converted). Also when I re-read it for the first time for a few years I cringed at one or two grammatical errors I can see now that I couldn't see then; and the formatting is so basic compared to the way you can set documents out these days.

That said, it makes me as proud to read about the athletes now as it did to manage them then. Here it is:

http://www.manxathletics.com/forms/CG1994.pdf

I wonder what has developed in the interim with regards to hosting parties for officials from other teams. I certainly had very clear views on that one!

No comments: