Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Race walking record

Thanks to Richard Spenceley for sending me a copy of the cover of the Race Walking Record edited by John Constandinou of Birmingham.

My copy arrived yesterday and it was quite timely as the previous evening I had finished looking through a pile of half read copies from the past year and a half.

I've been subscribing to the Race Walking Record since August 1976 and it is the only publication that I still keep the copies - because they don't take up too much space.

As well as getting a preview of the cover I had also seen Chris Maddock's article on British records. Chris has been quite prolific with his writing recently having had an article on track and field British records published in Athletics Weekly.

On of the interesting articles this month (in Race Walking Record) is a proposal to have "pit lane penalties" for people who are perceived to be breaking the rules. No its not the April edition!

No comments: