Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 14 September 2010

No flames this time


Here is TT star Guy Martin in the End to End Mountain Bike Challenge. He finished in 79th place out of the 1200 finishers in rather less explosive style than finishing in flames in the TT in June.

I hope to add a few more photos of some of the Manx athletes to the front page this evening although I am not claiming (or even trying) to have have every single one.

Its been quite time consuming compiling the coverage which, as I say on the front page, started a few years ago with going to take a few photos of the athletes taking part. Of course the reason I do it is because people seem to enjoy it judging by the extra visitors to the site. I emailed the contact on the official website to provide my links but the email bounced. If anyone can get my links added to the official website it might provide extra options for those taking part. And of course, I can provide my photos for free via a larger file than the one I publish.

Talking about large files, I uploaded a massive 900MB file to YouTube - twice. The larger file is partly because they will now accept 15 minute files (previously limited to 10 minutes) but also I used the MPEG2 file format to improve the quality a little allowing larger display areas etc. Unfortunately one of the audio tracks was disallowed and I had to remix the audio and upload the file all over again.

I think I was seeing double in places. I am not actually sure but I think I used some of the film twice. Oh well, if you think I am going to re-mix again you can have second thoughts.

What an awful morning. Weren't we lucky on Sunday.  

No comments: