Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 8 August 2010

Worried about not being worried

You know what athletes are like - they are not happy unless they are having a good moan!

Well, since about Tuesday I have been feeling quite good and its been worrying me! I should be going into a race telling everybody about all the things that are wrong with me. I feel better this morning because my left hamstring feels a bit tight so I have my excuse.

I've said all along that I was not easing down for the Manx Marathon - the Amsterdam in October is my aim. But as you get closer you start to think "suppose this is the last one I ever do" and I have had a quieter week than planned. I did start with a hard 22 miler 7 days ago - in fact it seems strange not to be running at this time of the day on a Sunday.

Good luck to everyone taking part today. The weather looks great.

No comments: