Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 24 August 2010

PDF

By the standards of most amateur websites there have still been quite a few updates. But I have been trying to use the gap in the fixture list to cut back on my input.

One of the things I have been working on behind the scenes is to tidy up the application shortcuts on my PC. I like to be tidy but when things have been as busy as in recent weeks I get the jobs done on the computer and tidy up afterwards.

There are some programs that as soon as you open them they seem to be trying to download an update. And i am always downloading some new piece of software or other which sticks shortcuts here, there or the other.

Computer software does many really clever things so I shouldn't complain too much - especially about the free ones. But why oh why does Adobe place a shortcut on your desk top and in a different place to where I had the previous one on my program menu every time Adobe Reader updates? I'm beginning to think that pdf stands for Pretty Damn Fedup.

No comments: