Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Locking up

The photo above looks like it was taken through a prison window - its actually through my office window in Ballasalla. It was taken on my mobile phone which I don't use very often and i've only just learned how to transfer files to a PC.

It was taken yesterday afternoon when there was excitement in Ballasalla with the arrival of two vintage coaches like the one in the photo. A couple of hours earlier I had gone for a lunchtime walk around Rushen Abbey and noticed a small marquee outside the reopened Rushen Abbey Hotel. So we were able to put two and two together when a special train arrived and the occupants were met by the coach - they must be going to Rushen Abbey.

I noticed that the Chief Minister was among the party but so were quite a few other MHKs. Later I heard that he had handed over the Keys to the tenant of the hotel. No wonder we never saw them going back!

No comments: