Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Faith in modern music restored

It was an exceptional gig at the Villa Marina tonight - the best of the year.

I've been a fan of Scouting for Girls for the past couple of years and have used their music on two YouTube videos:





I took a little video on my phone tonight but it demonstrated why video cameras were invented - the phone camera footage wasn't good enough to use here.

Yes we had a cracking time at Quo and Jools Holland, musically was the best. Doves were pretty good too. But this was relevant, fun and the average age of those there was probably less than 20. Its amazing how simple things like when lead man Roy Stride ran around the balcony engages the fans.

It was a good old fashioned pop concert; as opposed to the Will Young concert where it was all about hype (and bad sound).

I don't think I have ever seen a happier audience at the Villa but of course I have not seen them all.

With batteries re-charged I will get back to one of the more difficult tasks tomorrow night.

No comments: