Search Murray's blogs

Friday 13 August 2010

Sub-optimal

Sub-optimal was a word I learnt from the Germans when I started my current job almost three years ago.

I've been using it to describe my performances this week. I have always been critical of people who race too much and therefore I have never been keen on the concept of the Road Running Grand Prix or the No Rest for the Wicked.  You should be lining up for a race well prepared after well planned training - not knackered from a race the previous day. I think it is only once that I have run the full Easter Festival for this reason. A recipe for mediocrity I say.

But here I am thinking about running for my fifth race in six days tonight. I hadn't planned to run last night but I have enjoyed the banter with series leader Nigel Armstrong. This is definitely my one and only.

More photos and video next year.

No comments: