Search Murray's blogs

Monday 30 August 2010

Is it worth trying to help?

Its almost three years ago that I set up another website with the intention of promoting the work of a group of local charities. One of them brought a guest speaker to the Island and to do so they received the backing of a company with international and local business interests.

Knowing that this company was keen to promote their work in the local community, and they hired a photographer for the event, I published and named their representative with the organisers and linked to their website with their corporate logo.

On Saturday I received a letter from a UK firm of solicitors asking who had given me permission to publish the photograph and to use their logo. I am going to tell the company that in future I will not spend my own time and money promoting their commercial activities on any of my websites.

I'll stop one letter away from name the business that they are in - but they are some of he biggest *ankers in the Isle of Man.

No comments: