Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 17 August 2010

David Young has gone


I could hardly believe the news yesterday when Chris Quine alerted me of a news story reporting the death of that wonderfully fit 62 year old David "Doc" Young - known just as "the Doc" by many of his running friends.

By the end of the day my mail box was full of messages but I decided to leave it overnight before starting any tributes. Hopefully someone, who knew most about what Dave brought to the sport, can write a full obituary for the website (email me on murray@manxathletics.com) or on the forum.

Thanks to Barry Moore for the photo at the NSC (the other two are mine). Thanks to David Griffiths and Chris Quine for their advice.

I will be out tonight but as the start of my tribute I have added here a very short clip of Dave running out of sight. 

No comments: