Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 11 August 2010

A real tear jerker


It was a little earlier than this last night that I learned about the passing of Ian Turnbull. I didn't put anything on the website until this afternoon when I saw that another site had commented upon the loss. I've got a lot more to say about Ian, and I hope that a few people will share their memories of him on the forum. But while I have just been hunting for more pictures of him I found this one, that set me off.

I appear to be inches away from finishing my first ever Parish Walk in 1976, and a few of you know that special feeling, and I am being watched by (among others) Kevin Madigan (orange top), Ian (red stripe) and Dennis Lace (cap). Sadly all three have now departed. On the right is the winner, John Cannell, who notched up the first of his record breaking six finishes a little earlier that morning.

No comments: