Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 22 October 2009

Thou shall reply to 10 emails tonight

Does anyone remember when they used to give out "lines" as a punishment at school? I doubt very much if they still do.

If you "forgot" to bring your homework to school you might have to stay in detention and write 100 lines of "I must not forgot my homework" as a punishment.

I thought of these when I was driving home from work tonight when I was trying to impose some discipline on myself deciding that I must try and make some inroads in my email mountain tonight and reply to 10 before I did anything else. So I was repeating the above line in my head until now.

Having achieved that target I have just worked on a quick promotion for the Easter Festival. The action starts on 2 April but get your entry form out of the way now.

I've got a stack of other things to do now so my next line to repeat in my head is: "I must not touch the website again tonight".

No comments: