Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 24 October 2009

I used to share a stage with Brian Adams

I went to see Brian Adams in Milton Keynes in 1977. He had performed the previous night at Crystal Palace but he still topped the bill on the Saturday as well.

He always wore "Walk with Jesus" on the front of his vest but I didn't see it at Milton Keynes because he lapped me.

The event was the National 50km race walking championships which he won having taken part in the AAA Champs 3,000 metres the previous night.

He also performed well in Canada the previous year at the Olympics.

So it was a big of a joke to the race walkers when a recording artist of the same name took to bigger and bigger stages a few years later.

I didn't think I would be planning my day around queueing for a couple of hours for tickets for Bryan Adams 32 years later. I imagine that I will be moving even slower than during my final 5km on that scorching day in Milton Keynes.

We were entertaining last night and so I had only a few hours sleep before I went out to run at 6.45 this morning.

Run, write, queue, clean, TV, sleep. That's my day today. I'll be back on the case tomorrow. Unless the queue is so big this morning that I walk away and come back to my PC.

No comments: