Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 15 October 2009

Thank you Microsoft for the worst birthday present

I had a rare day off the website yesterday as it was my birthday. Went out for lunch in Castletown, took the afternoon off work and catered for a small gathering out the house last night. I've never been into parties so that was as close it gets entertaining my running group.

Despite my warning to other people here about a big Microsoft update coming this week, my automatic updates didn't pick them up until last night.

And it has completely screwed up my computer. Every single application has been wiped out! I need to think this one through carefully before going to a restore point tonight. Might well be another night without an update. I'm sure it won't be a night when Microsoft and a few swear words are used in the same sentence!

No comments: