Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 7 October 2009

I wanted to give Chris Quine credit ...but not that much


I told Chris a few days ago that I was planning to do a video interview of Maurice Herriott before his 70th birthday. It is something that I have been talking about for years and Chris had previously given me his contact details (Maurice is ex-directory) but I had mislaid them.
I spoke to Maurice yesterday lunchtime. As Chris says in his forum tribute Maurice has not been in the best of health and he said that he had only just come back from having an operation on his foot in Walton Hospital. So he preferred to leave it until next week. I enjoyed the 15 minute "warm up" that we had on the phone and shall look forward to meeting with Maurice next week.
Chris achieved a lot under the guidance of Maurice - but not the BRITISH record that I attributed to him holding for 24 years! That was what appeared on my website for 10 minutes earlier this evening!

No comments: