Search Murray's blogs

Friday 25 November 2011

Not quite a labour of love

One of the ways I get my pleasure from doing the websites is that I am not tied down by the content. The feature I did on Boundary Harriers the night before last was a good example. After Steve Partington had tipped me off about the 50th anniversary I had a plan to show the records from the late Willie Turnbull's book but the rest flowed from there. It was fun.

I also get a lot of pleasure from the Parish Walk website because so many people enjoy it. But at this time of the year with a deadline approaching it becomes just a bit too much like hard work. Something that has to be done rather than something I feel like doing. I am already behind with my schedule but I am meeting the featured walker this evening and completing the feature page is always one of the biggest challenges.

A good part of my weekend is earmarked for the PW site. No long runs tomorrow though with the half marathon on Sunday.

If I finish the race on Sunday I will have done 15 of the Syd Quirk Half Marathon. Only one person has run more. In fact Alan Pilling will be aiming to finish number 30. Hopefully its still a labour of love for him.

No comments: