Search Murray's blogs

Friday 18 November 2011

He used to be free

I can only remember ever watching one cabaret in the Isle of Man and it was free. It was probably about 1985 or 1986 and the headline act was starting a summer season at the Palace Hotel and tickets were not moving fast.   He had a couple of top 20 singles but they were a dozen or so years earlier and a few tickets to workers at Ronaldsway Aircraft Company, where I worked at the time, helped to swell the numbers.

The name of the singer was Tony Christie. 25 years later, thanks to Peter Kay, we are paying twenty quid each to see him tonight!

I can only remember watching two acts in the Isle of Man where I have been desperate to leave before the end. One was the Russian Ballet on Ice and the other was Will Young. I hope tonight's concert is not going to fall into this category. The price I pay for dragging Marie to some of the acts I like.

The scanner will be switched off in ten minutes. Still no sign of the domain switch or even the old website being switch on.

No comments: