Search Murray's blogs

Thursday 24 November 2011

Howler, growler and fouler

For anyone reading this away from the Isle of Man, I should tell you its really windy here today. Quite hard to train the morning.

There is a great entry for the Haldane Fisher Syd Quirk Half Marathon on Sunday (see links on front page) and, although the date has changed for the first time in its long history from the first Sunday of November to the last, it looks like we may have some of the wind that I traditionally associate with the event. I can remember battling into the wind by the airport a few times over the years.

Of course, you also get some advantage when you get to the point where the wind is on your back. I had just got to this point on the NSC roadway this morning when some idiot in a van came the other way with a dog following him. Its bad enough that dog owners can be so lazy, worse that he was breaking the rules by bringing a dog onto the NSC and even worse that he chose to drive tight to the inside of the corner leaving me to take action to avoid a collision with the dog.

The language was a little foul. I just hope that the dog didn't foul.

No comments: