Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 9 November 2011

33 years and counting


There are lots of people to whom I have said "must get together for a drink sometime" and it has taken me a long time to do so. I do in the end - just like I always answer my emails in the end.

When Graham Young suggested sooner rather than later last week it was on the basis that it was a long time since we had had a good long chat like an eight hour one when he helped me to victory in the 1978 Parish Walk by walking the first half with me.

When we became rivals a few of the conversations were through gritted teeth and there have been other times when we have worked closely together on projects. But you never forgot a friend even though the chat was only three hours in the Woodie tonight!


And if Graham finds this I know he would have preferred to see photos of another race six weeks or so after the one in the photos above but its tough because I haven't got any!

PS I won't tell you how old Graham is but here is the feature I did about him last year!

http://www.manxathletics.com/OldYoung.htm

No comments: