Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Nigel's got taste




I left the North Barrule Fell Race without knowing the result last night. But Simon Skillicorn, Tom Cringle and Nigel Armstrong were all pretty close together and I wondered what the outcome was of an exciting finish.

As I was editing the video Nigel, a former Liverpool season ticket holder, called around the house

and I asked Robbie if he would make him a cup of team. He appeared with a massive Chelsea cup!


Nigel described the race as one of the most enjoyable he had taken part in for a long time. He was pleased to be so close in third and later told the story of the race:


"Simon and Tom went away early on and had around 8 seconds through the fields at the foot of the main climb. I slowly clawed it back and by the wall 3/4 of the way up we were together.
Tom then took a lower line ( which turned out to be the better as it held him in the lee of the wind ) and Simon and I went straight onto the ridge.


Tom came in and was 4secs clear at the cairn with Simon a little more behind me. All changed on the descent where it was hats off to them. Their speed was incredible leading to around a 200m gap at the bottom to myself. Simon stayed clear though I started to reign Tom in but only got to his shoulder at the line."

No comments: