Search Murray's blogs

Tuesday 7 July 2009

My sabbatical continues

There is plenty to keep you up to date with the sport on the front page with detailed Island Games coverage, principally by David Griffiths, the results of the Glen Mona Fell Race on the Manx Fell Runners website plus links to all the upcoming fixtures.

One that jumps out is having a round of the Dave Philips series just 2 days before the Marathon & Half Marathon (and a whole series of events the following week).

With my recent commitments I would not have had time to train to defend my Manx Marathon title. So its just as well that I decided on the Parish Walk weekend that I would take a break from training and competing. I was in discomfort every time I got in or out of the van and decided that, if I am ever going to run a marathon again, I needed to take a break. I was so fortunate to get through London but had I been objective I would not have run.

I've spent three hours trying to clear paperwork and emails tonight as I won't have much time in the next few days. Work commitments will occupy me through the whole of tomorrow including the evening, and I have other things to do on Thursday night before Marie and I finally get a couple of days together at the weekend. That has also taken a lot of organising for Robbie and our holiday propeties. More funerals today too.

I'll continue to update here until I am ready to resume something like normal service soon.

No comments: