Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 25 July 2009

I prefer to be the amateur cameraman


The picture above, which I forgot to condense and you can therefore see a very large photo of Gail Griffiths eating her ice cream if you double click it, was taken at the prize presentation for the HSBC Ramsey Town Commissioners Park runs last night.

I prefer to be a "snapper" than a serious photographer and at weddings and functions I have usually gone around behind the scenes and not taken responsibility for arranging group photographs.

I didn't realise how hard that was until I took that lead role last night. I was worried that would be no publicity for the prize winners so I suggested to Steve Kelly that I took a shot of the prize winners, a role normally performed by John Watterson, who was not there.
I know that you are supposed to get the group bunched up but when a gap between the two lines of runners appeared I said the wrong thing when I asked the "little ones" to step back a bit when of course the front row included some young athletes who no longer considered themselves to be "little ones". Then I made it worse when asking the "big ones" to step forward instead as most runners are proud of their physical shapes and don't care for that description.

No comments: