Search Murray's blogs

Wednesday 22 July 2009

Book collection - free to first to contact me


One of the problems of living in fairly big houses for the past 24 hours is that it is easier to store things than throw them out. This was made worse when our parents downsized and we picked up more and more stuff.
In the past three years or so I have gradually started to reverse this trend. First went 20+ years of Athletics Weekly; last year my bumper vinyl collection and this year I have been scanning more and more documents.
Whilst spending another couple of hours scanning tonight I kept looking at a row of athletics books on the shelf and made another decision -they've got to go.
I've just photographed them - double click to see the full size picture. They are free to the first person to email me at murray@manxathletics.com
Hopefully we can move into a smaller house sometime (as long as there is plenty of room for computers) and I want my legacy to be on a few computer disks rather than attic fulls of things that my family have to sort out.
I'm not planning to go yet though. In fact, if I can ever get on top of all the things I have collected and have everything available electronically I can spend more time on the website. I must find another excuse then.

No comments: