Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 1 October 2011

You'll never catch me doing this


I first entered the Parish Walk aged 17 when I walked almost 40 miles but I have never been tempted to do an event that last more than a day - certainly not running.

I worked for a South African company for two and half years and I was considered soft by my colleagues because I only ran 42km marathons and not the Comrades. On occasions I was tempted to try it - but not for long.

I couldn't even contemplate the sort of run that Bethany did last week nor Nigel Armstrong's 2009 Marathon de Sable. He lent me the DVD two years ago and I have finally watched it. As if the endurance was not bad enough, the race had to be re-arranged after terrible flooding as the above introduction to the video shows.

For move information go here: http://www.darbaroud.com/index_uk.php

No comments: