Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 15 October 2011

Following Paul McCartney

Briefly considered going to one of Paul McCartney's concerts when they were announced this week but we couldn't manage it. I grew up in a house where we were all mad about the Beatles but have never seen one of them live (and only two of them are).

He is playing in Manchester, London and Liverpool.

In 2008 I flew from Manchester to the Amsterdam Marathon but had to sit it out because of injury.

In 2010 I flew from London to the Amsterdam Marathon but should have sat it out because of injury.

In 2011 I have flown from Liverpool to the Amsterdam Marathon and I've not been injured since this time last year. What's more I flew from the John Lennon Airport.

I've got the same target as I had in London when I failed miserably. But I'm a stone and half lighter and a year and a half old than when I last ran that time.

The race is live on Eurosport but even if I go well I won't have reached the 20 mile point when the winner finishes!

No comments: