Search Murray's blogs

Monday 3 October 2011

Thick and fast

Its the time of the year when a number of winter series of events begin and when the fixture list is bulging.

There were two events at the weekend, although my coverage of the Western 10 and Julie Brew walks is somewhat limited as I ran in the latter.

So two events in the past two days but another three in the next seven. I have given each of them a plug on the front page this morning.

I've had a few extra minutes this morning as its one of the few days between the London Marathon in April and the Amsterdam Marathon in 13 days time that I have not gone running in the morning. I'm going to rest a bit more often in the remaining time as my back was sore yesterday and shins hurting the days before that.

I'll miss the first round of the cross country, which is also just 13 days away, which means that that the Veterans    Winter Handicap is only 17 days from now and the new Douglas to Peel Trial Run just 20 days away.

Between now and Christmas there is only one week without an event but plenty with more than one.

No comments: