Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 30 October 2011

The best (and worst) of technology

I've got used to rebooting our router four or five times a day in the last week as I waste hour after of hour trying to find out why some of the time our high speed internet connection is as fast as the Steam Packet in a gale force wind. It doesn't move anymore.

But the connection lasted long enough today to uplift all my full size photos and a pretty chunky video file (454MB) video in record time.

Its all very well having so much technology and so many ways to watch sport in our household but it is riddled with problems. If you are watching football, it doesn't matter whether you are watching on 3D, HD, laptop, desktop or in black and white. If your team looses you want to switch it as quickly as possible. And the superior quality of modern TVs makes little difference with Formula 1. I watched the re-run on Freeview HD this afternoon and it guaranteed a snooze which leaves me with enough energy to go back to my scanning for a while.

No comments: