Search Murray's blogs

Sunday 14 February 2010

Silver linings

I'm still sitting in a hotel in London but thinking about the cross country this afternoon. We have already made a number of phone calls to ensure that Robbie is ready for his lift (thanks Michael) about now.

I have been lucky enough during the past two years to enjoy as many short breaks as for the 10 years before that as. Although I still have a hectic life, I have spent less time working in an office and Robbie's life has become a bit more stable.

Last night, at the end of a brilliant concert at the O2 featuring Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck, but also including surprise guests Sharon Corr and Joss Stone, the musicians came back on stage for an encore. "I'm sorry to spoil a perfectly good evening but blame Eric for insisting that we play it" said Beck as the ripped into his 1967 throw away hit "Hi-Ho Silver Lining".

All the great musicianship during the previous three hours was submersed in our memories as thousands of people hummed "Hi-Ho" on their way to the Jubilee Line.

Everything we do tends to be a balance between achieving things through careful planning and being a little unpredictable -not least our training and this website.

As we have our final cup of coffee in a lovely room I’m grateful for my silver linings.

No comments: