Search Murray's blogs

Saturday 20 February 2010

All plans changed


More snow.

I found out about it earlier than normal when a call from the police woke us before 6 this morning.

A car driver had lost control of his car on the snow and ice on the Old Castletown Road and crashed into the fence at our holiday cottage. I understand that the car driver was unhurt and the damage is not too bad.

But because of the snow I've not yet been to investigate, or to start my long run which I planned to commence at 7 am.

My run is currently scheduled for this afternoon which means that it is less likely that I will be at the fell run, which I presume is going ahead.

Although the accident is an inconvenience we were lucky that we had guests in last week who left yesterday so they were not inconvenienced. Also it is better this weekend than next weekend when we are away again.

No comments: